


{"id":382330,"date":"2024-09-11T13:58:31","date_gmt":"2024-09-11T13:58:31","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/"},"modified":"2024-09-11T13:58:31","modified_gmt":"2024-09-11T13:58:31","slug":"382330","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Amrita,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21 and S12 equaling to 1. According to my results after a certain length my S parameters max out at about .94 and then start dropping in value the longer it is.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Sincerely,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-Lucio&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-382330","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382330\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/","name":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00","dateModified":"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/","article:published_time":"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-09-11T13:58:31+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Amrita, thank you for the fast reply. As of now I am simulating the same number of modes in the straight waveguide sections as I am in the taper region. I have also noticed that for this geometry in theory the longer the taper length should be the closer it should get to converging S21"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"382330","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:29:30","updated":"2026-09-22 19:24:05","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: EME Mode Sweep Not Converging","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382330\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/382330","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/382330\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=382330"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}