


{"id":381488,"date":"2024-09-04T04:36:37","date_gmt":"2024-09-04T04:36:37","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/"},"modified":"2024-09-04T04:36:37","modified_gmt":"2024-09-04T04:36:37","slug":"381488","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Karthik,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4&#215;4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I&#8217;d recommend&nbsp; simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation will act as plane wave excitation, and you can easily deduct Reflection loss from Floquet port S11. See this sample from our colleague:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;https:\/\/youtu.be\/McfGc7w7Bu4?si=wrcTplaijxvu8aBA&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Meanwhile for your current model, there are no port available, and floquet port cannot be contained within unit cell, so cannot directly output reflection loss through S-parameters. If you want to keep the model as finite array of 32&#215;32 with plane wave excitation like in the picture, you will need to manually create two &#8220;ports&#8221; by creating two non-model sheets above and below finite array, use field calculator to do calculate power through this sheet using poyinting vectors. But depending on the size of radiation space, and there will be also incident wave that creep around the edges of the finite array to be considered, I don&#8217;t recommend this workflow.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Floquet port which approximates 32&#215;32 to inifinite is a better method&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-381488","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I&#039;d recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I&#039;d recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I&#039;d recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I'd recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381488\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I'd recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/","name":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I'd recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00","dateModified":"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I'd recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/","article:published_time":"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-09-04T04:36:37+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Karthik,Now I see you are using Finite Array to expanding unit cell into these 4x4 looking array. Seeing the paper is made of 1024 cells, I'd recommend simulate this using Floquet port. Unit cell only, coupled lattice pair boundary on four sides, Floquet port on top and bottom of the box. Floquet port excitation"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"381488","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:30:24","updated":"2026-08-11 11:27:49","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: metamaterial unit cell simulation with varactor diode","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381488\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/381488","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/381488\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=381488"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}