


{"id":381211,"date":"2024-08-30T15:00:43","date_gmt":"2024-08-30T15:00:43","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/"},"modified":"2024-08-30T15:00:43","modified_gmt":"2024-08-30T15:00:43","slug":"381211","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello Rob,&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full system using a simplified representation of that complex geometry to keep mesh size tractable, and force the correct, pre-calculated heat flux according to the new surface area, by forcing that flux on the interface.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have decoupled the wall and shadow pair via the GUI and tested it by applying an extreme flux and plotting temperature contours. This appeared to be sending heat in the right direction (and also allowed me to identify which wall\/shadow pair to use as I dont see any other way of identifying them). I am now running a partial, simplified model with the required heat flux applied, to compare that with the complex partial model. If I can get a correlation between the solid temperatures there, I think I can proceed to model the full, simplified domain.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have little experience here so please advise if there is a better way of doing this.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Kind regards,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Gordon.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-381211","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/381211\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/","name":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00","dateModified":"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/","article:published_time":"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-08-30T15:00:43+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello Rob, Thanks again. The interface is one of several which are in parallel in the model, but has particularly complex geometry. I extracted a flux through the complex geometry from a much smaller partial model which captured the full complexity (so is hopefully accurate). I would now like to build a model of the full"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"381211","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:30:40","updated":"2026-08-14 02:06:22","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Fluent: Heat Flux on Solid Fluid CHT Interface","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/381211\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/381211","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/381211\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=381211"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}