


{"id":379159,"date":"2024-08-15T09:53:01","date_gmt":"2024-08-15T09:53:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/"},"modified":"2024-08-15T09:53:01","modified_gmt":"2024-08-15T09:53:01","slug":"379159","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello Reno,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can you confirm this run time should be expected for an engineering-prepared workstation? Maybe there is still something wrong?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;On the other hand, my LS-Dyna version is R11.2. It is good to know that future versions can locate the error, but unfortunately, license is provided by my university and I am afraid I can&#8217;t ask for a newer version.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;In any case, are these runtimes common?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Now that at least I can run the model, I can keep working on it. Thank you very much for your time and help in this, it is very much apreciated!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I hope you have a great day.&lt;br&gt;Arnau&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-379159","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/379159\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/","name":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00","dateModified":"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/","article:published_time":"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-08-15T09:53:01+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello Reno,I can confirm my mesh is watertight and conformal with the solid body.I have just tried to run it with Tethaedrons (triangles) and it seems that it has meshed successfully! However, the running time for the ICFD-only is still very low (2e-6s steps every 3min for a 80,000 elements on the surface mesh). Can"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"379159","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:32:38","updated":"2026-09-22 16:28:16","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: ICFD Mesh error: Surface Collapse not possible to locate","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/379159\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/379159","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/379159\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=379159"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}