


{"id":377976,"date":"2024-08-12T15:33:09","date_gmt":"2024-08-12T15:33:09","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/"},"modified":"2024-08-12T15:33:09","modified_gmt":"2024-08-12T15:33:09","slug":"377976","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;esel,s,ename,,280&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Where 280 is the cable element name (<a href=\"https:\/\/ansyshelp.ansys.com\/account\/secured?returnurl=\/Views\/Secured\/corp\/v242\/en\/ans_elem\/Hlp_E_CABLE280.html?q=cable%20inistate\">Cable280<\/a>). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it&#8217;s for selecting the cables? If yes, please remove the do loop and have the inistate,define as it is. Since, the elements were selected, the prestress will be applied to the cable elements and that is all is needed.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Regards,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Stella&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-377976","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it&#039;s for selecting the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it&#039;s for selecting the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it&#039;s for selecting the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it's for selecting the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377976\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it's for selecting the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/","name":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it's for selecting the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00","dateModified":"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it's for selecting the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/","article:published_time":"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-08-12T15:33:09+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,In order for the stress to be applied at the cables, you need to select all the cable elements in your model. So, prior to inistate command, you should have something like:esel,s,ename,,280Where 280 is the cable element name (Cable280). I am not sure what the *do loop does, but I assume it's for selecting the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"377976","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:33:39","updated":"2026-08-22 03:26:54","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Inistate command for cable pretension\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Inistate command for cable pretension","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377976\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/377976","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/377976\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=377976"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}