


{"id":377412,"date":"2024-08-06T14:17:37","date_gmt":"2024-08-06T14:17:37","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/"},"modified":"2024-08-06T14:17:37","modified_gmt":"2024-08-06T14:17:37","slug":"377412","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down to simulate the effects of film cooling. Shed is due to having the breakup model on. There is no wall film model. None of this really explains why the particles wouldn&#8217;t be evaporating though&#8230;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-377412","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/377412\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/","name":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00","dateModified":"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/","article:published_time":"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-08-06T14:17:37+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I used a high frequency because at a lower time step it said that many of them were lost outside the domain. I am using a high tracking step number because I was under the impressure that it just meant fluent would track the particles for longer. The injections near the edge are straight down"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"377412","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:34:10","updated":"2026-09-22 15:47:28","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: DPM particles are colliding but not evaporating in combustion model","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/377412\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/377412","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/377412\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=377412"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}