


{"id":371630,"date":"2024-07-12T10:23:53","date_gmt":"2024-07-12T10:23:53","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/"},"modified":"2024-07-12T10:23:53","modified_gmt":"2024-07-12T10:23:53","slug":"371630","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I can only look at images &#8211; I&#8217;m not permitted to download anything or follow most links.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;At that scale I&#8217;d expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it&#8217;s likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they&#8217;ll have been using Fluent 6.x you may find the near wall models have been improved a bit!&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-371630","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I can only look at images - I&#039;m not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I&#039;d expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it&#039;s likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they&#039;ll have\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I can only look at images - I&#039;m not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I&#039;d expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it&#039;s likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they&#039;ll have\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I can only look at images - I&#039;m not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I&#039;d expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it&#039;s likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they&#039;ll have\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I can only look at images - I'm not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I'd expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it's likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they'll have\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/371630\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I can only look at images - I'm not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I'd expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it's likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they'll have","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/","name":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I can only look at images - I'm not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I'd expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it's likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they'll have","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00","dateModified":"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I can only look at images - I'm not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I'd expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it's likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they'll have","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/","article:published_time":"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-07-12T10:23:53+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I can only look at images - I'm not permitted to download anything or follow most links. At that scale I'd expect the droplet inertia to be very low. So it's likely the turbulent effects will be needed to push the particles through the viscous sub layer. Given the paper was published in 2008 they'll have"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"371630","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:37:50","updated":"2026-08-04 14:13:43","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: question on particle deposition with the turbulence dispersion in pipe flow","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/371630\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/371630","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/371630\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=371630"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}