


{"id":369539,"date":"2024-06-03T08:29:15","date_gmt":"2024-06-03T08:29:15","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/"},"modified":"2024-06-03T08:29:15","modified_gmt":"2024-06-03T08:29:15","slug":"369539","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Luca,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can&#8217;t give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can&#8217;t predict. This also depends on the time and memory requirements of your simulations. Your questions will be answered simply by consistently trying different cases and ending up to meaningful results. One good starting point is the&nbsp;<a href=\"https:\/\/optics.ansys.com\/hc\/en-us\/articles\/360034915833-Convergence-testing-process-for-FDTD-simulations\">Convergence testing process for FDTD simulations<\/a> article.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I hope that was helpful, let me know if I can be of further assistance.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&#8221;ui-provider a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z ab ac ae af ag ah ai aj ak&#8221; dir=&#8221;ltr&#8221;&gt;Please note that this is the Optics forum and not the photonics where lumerical related question are posted. For your next lumerical question please post at: <a title=\"\/forum\/forums\/forum\/discuss-simulation\/photonics\/\" href=\"\/forum\/forums\/forum\/discuss-simulation\/photonics\/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noreferrer noopener\">Ansys photonics forum<\/a>&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&#8221;ui-provider a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z ab ac ae af ag ah ai aj ak&#8221; dir=&#8221;ltr&#8221;&gt;Kind Regards,&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&#8221;ui-provider a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z ab ac ae af ag ah ai aj ak&#8221; dir=&#8221;ltr&#8221;&gt;Niki&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-369539","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can&#039;t give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can&#039;t predict. This also depends on\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can&#039;t give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can&#039;t predict. This also depends on\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can&#039;t give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can&#039;t predict. This also depends on\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can't give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can't predict. This also depends on\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/369539\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can't give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can't predict. This also depends on","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/","name":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can't give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can't predict. This also depends on","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00","dateModified":"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can't give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can't predict. This also depends on","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/","article:published_time":"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-06-03T08:29:15+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Luca,Thank you for posting on our forum! Your questions are really good and these are very common when the users are starting up with their simulations! Unfortunately, I can't give you the excact numbers for all of your questions, simply beacause they depend on several parameters that I can't predict. This also depends on"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"369539","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:39:46","updated":"2026-08-21 22:29:44","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Setting simulation Parameters for Thin Film Coating on Pillar","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/369539\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/369539","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/369539\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=369539"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}