


{"id":366198,"date":"2024-05-09T00:03:16","date_gmt":"2024-05-09T00:03:16","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/"},"modified":"2024-05-09T00:03:16","modified_gmt":"2024-05-09T00:03:16","slug":"366198","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Thank you. I have follow-up questions.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n<ol>\n<li>Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?<\/li>\n<li>Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?<\/li>\n<li>I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values above 1800. What are the highest k values you have ever used in your simulations? Have you also observed the &#8220;crushing behavior&#8221;?<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n<p>&lt;p&gt;Thank you!&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-366198","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/366198\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/","name":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00","dateModified":"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/","article:published_time":"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-05-09T00:03:16+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Thank you. I have follow-up questions. Is it possible to estimate how long the simulation will run in RCWA? FDTD gives such an estimation at the beginning of the simulation. What about RCWA?Is it theoretically possible that the RCWA and FDTD simulations never converge in certain situations?I observe that the RCWA simulation crushes for k values"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"366198","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:43:04","updated":"2026-09-10 14:43:55","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Cinvergence of RCWA simulations","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/366198\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/366198","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/366198\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=366198"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}