


{"id":362554,"date":"2024-04-16T18:08:45","date_gmt":"2024-04-16T18:08:45","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/"},"modified":"2024-04-16T18:08:45","modified_gmt":"2024-04-16T18:08:45","slug":"362554","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect."},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable?&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging to run the solver again.&lt;br&gt;Large deflection and weak springs are both on.&lt;br&gt;Im wondering if it would be easier to add a displacment that pushes the tools together and get the force data from the reaction force graph.&lt;br&gt;The problem is i dont know how much dispalcement occurs, just how much pressure we are applying to the system. When split into two steps the first section converges where no forces have been applied. but the second step does not have any convergences.&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-362554","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect.\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect.\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/362554\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect."}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect.","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/","name":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-16T18:08:45+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect. | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"The intial conditions look correct from what I can see, but i am probably mistaken here. Is there a good way to diagnose which connections may be causing a model to be unsolvable? Ive looked through a few times and have not gotten a convergence. I simplified my cad stucture a fair amount and am oging"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"362554","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:46:56","updated":"2026-08-24 14:51:14","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect.\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Issues getting analysis to behave as I would expect.","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/362554\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/362554","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/362554\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=362554"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}