


{"id":361548,"date":"2024-04-10T14:16:44","date_gmt":"2024-04-10T14:16:44","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/"},"modified":"2024-04-10T14:16:44","modified_gmt":"2024-04-10T14:16:44","slug":"361548","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello, Aurojyoti,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your answer,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently, I&#8217;m attempting to address this issue by solely considering displacement to determine if there&#8217;s an underlying problem or if alternative approaches are necessary.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-361548","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/361548\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/","name":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-10T14:16:44+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, Aurojyoti,Thanks for your answer,I am simulating a slab under fire conditions using LS Files from thermal analysis. However, I encountered an instability problem caused by the thickness of the slab (SHELL 181 element) and thermal expansion of steel. The slab experiences compression due to thermal expansion even before temperatures reach 100 degrees Celsius. Currently,"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"361548","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:49:23","updated":"2026-09-22 09:43:01","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Use only displacement(U) as a convergence criteria Structural Static APDL","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/361548\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/361548","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/361548\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=361548"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}