


{"id":358235,"date":"2024-03-20T23:49:21","date_gmt":"2024-03-20T23:49:21","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/"},"modified":"2024-03-20T23:49:21","modified_gmt":"2024-03-20T23:49:21","slug":"358235","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<a href=\"https:\/\/optics.ansys.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwgTKYuuQQo6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJsaHR0cHM6Ly9vcHRpY3MuYW5zeXMuY29tL2hjL2VuLXVzL2FydGljbGVzLzExMjc3MjE3NTA3NjAzLVRyb3VibGVzaG9vdGluZy1kaXZlcmdpbmctc2ltdWxhdGlvbnMtaW4tRkRURAY7CFQ6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKWQzMTA5OGYwLThjZDUtNDA4OS04OTFmLTViNzhkMTNkMTE3MAY7CEY6CXJhbmtpBzoLbG9jYWxlSSIKZW4tdXMGOwhUOgpxdWVyeUkiE2ZkdGQgZGl2ZXJnaW5nBjsIVDoScmVzdWx0c19jb3VudGkC6AM%3D--c7c23e955cafb12c96676740758eab127cc39f3d\">Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTD<\/a>&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;No you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am not sure how much memory it needs. Usually the simulation time should be much less than what you said, for device ~300um. You may need to upgrade your computer to have better performance: <a href=\"https:\/\/optics.ansys.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwiTVkNWAQQ6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJkaHR0cHM6Ly9vcHRpY3MuYW5zeXMuY29tL2hjL2VuLXVzL2FydGljbGVzLzQ0MDM3ODg3MzIwNTEtSW5mb3JtYXRpb24tb24tSGFyZHdhcmUtU3BlY2lmaWNhdGlvbnMGOwhUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIilkMDk2YmQ0MC03MTVjLTQ4MWYtOTBiNy0zZDNmYzA4ODYxN2MGOwhGOglyYW5raQY6C2xvY2FsZUkiCmVuLXVzBjsIVDoKcXVlcnlJIg1oYXJkd2FyZQY7CFQ6EnJlc3VsdHNfY291bnRpKA%3D%3D--7e215cef1997bd9fa53f64a49e6b8790ac0ee8d4\">Information on Hardware Specifications&nbsp; <\/a>&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The computer and the software are the tools for you to do your projects. if the tools are not proper, your progress on the projects may be hindered.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-358235","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/358235\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/","name":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-20T23:49:21+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Please refer to overcome the diverging issue:Troubleshooting diverging simulations in FDTDNo you cannot change the simulation time bu checkpoint. It can only change the autoshutoff value. This is why I suggest you to use much longer simulation time.No you cannot change the monitor settings without redoing the simulation.I am not sure how much memory it"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"358235","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:52:59","updated":"2026-08-12 06:42:02","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Edge Coupler SiN waveguide to SMF fiber Strange Field Problem","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/358235\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/358235","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/358235\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=358235"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}