


{"id":357248,"date":"2024-03-15T10:58:53","date_gmt":"2024-03-15T10:58:53","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/"},"modified":"2024-03-15T10:58:53","modified_gmt":"2024-03-15T10:58:53","slug":"357248","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into midsurface bodies), as well as to be able to account for their own features (bends, beams\/ribs\/dimples, gussets,&hellip;) and characteristics (planar and normal anisotropy, springback, eventual thinnings,&#8230;)?&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Anyway, if your option is the only way to go about it, a confirmation will also be welcome!&#8230;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;BR&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-357248","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/357248\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/","name":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-15T10:58:53+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Sampat Kumar, Thank you for rescueing my question!Well, what you recommend is the way I took so far but I just wondered whether there is an specific approach to simulate sheetmetal parts considering that in the their dedicated SpaceClaim tab, they are built as solid bodies (i.e. with no need to turn them into"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"357248","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:54:01","updated":"2026-08-26 16:19:15","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Sheet metal parts in SpaceClaim and Mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/357248\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/357248","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/357248\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=357248"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}