


{"id":347355,"date":"2024-01-30T17:34:10","date_gmt":"2024-01-30T17:34:10","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/"},"modified":"2024-01-30T17:34:10","modified_gmt":"2024-01-30T17:34:10","slug":"347355","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Martin,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn&#8217;t try it, and there <strong>may <\/strong>be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with loads of elements and nodes, it would not be possible to deal with node numbering manually, but you can try to export the model and work on it using matlab or other programming language.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Hope it helps,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Feiyu&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-347355","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn&#039;t try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn&#039;t try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn&#039;t try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn't try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/347355\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn't try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/","name":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn't try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn't try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-30T17:34:10+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Martin,One of the solutions I learnt from my colleague is to write a python script to insert cohesive element in Abaqus (but I didn't try it, and there may be some available scripts online). For ANSYS, if the model is not very large, you can manually renumber the nodes. For a large model with"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"347355","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:02:26","updated":"2026-09-16 07:35:31","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: how to insert cohesive element INTER202 between existing elements","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/347355\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/347355","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/347355\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=347355"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}