


{"id":346827,"date":"2024-01-26T19:14:33","date_gmt":"2024-01-26T19:14:33","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/"},"modified":"2024-01-26T19:14:33","modified_gmt":"2024-01-26T19:14:33","slug":"346827","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Amrita,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, I&#8217;m only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I&#8217;m more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;kind regards,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Marton&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-346827","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Amrita,Yes, I&#039;m only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I&#039;m more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Amrita,Yes, I&#039;m only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I&#039;m more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Amrita,Yes, I&#039;m only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I&#039;m more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Amrita,Yes, I'm only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I'm more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/346827\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Amrita,Yes, I'm only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I'm more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/","name":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Amrita,Yes, I'm only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I'm more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Amrita,Yes, I'm only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I'm more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-26T19:14:33+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Amrita,Yes, I'm only altering the thickness of the core, but if it changing the cladding as well would provide better result, I'm more than happy to take suggestions. And yes again, the cladding material above and below are the same, they have the same refractive indeces.kind regards,Marton"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"346827","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:02:56","updated":"2026-08-23 12:59:29","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Lumerical help, dielectric slab waveguide","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/346827\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/346827","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/346827\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=346827"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}