


{"id":343872,"date":"2024-01-09T20:18:40","date_gmt":"2024-01-09T20:18:40","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/"},"modified":"2024-01-09T20:18:40","modified_gmt":"2024-01-09T20:18:40","slug":"343872","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I&#8217;m not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the geometry before using VGEN:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;MODMSH, DETACH&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But this will created problems later when you try to set loads, supports, connections to geometry.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-343872","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I&#039;m not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I&#039;m not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I&#039;m not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343872\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/","name":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-09T20:18:40+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"The VMESH just meshes geometry volumes, and VGEN just copies geometry volumes. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the printed volumes are created using VMESH. As far as I know, APDL does not work with facetted geometry from mesh. Try using the VMESH after the VGEN, or detach the mesh from the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"343872","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:06:00","updated":"2026-09-02 19:47:00","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Segmentation Violation Error\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Segmentation Violation Error","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343872\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343872","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343872\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=343872"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}