


{"id":343853,"date":"2024-01-09T17:02:34","date_gmt":"2024-01-09T17:02:34","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/"},"modified":"2024-01-09T17:02:34","modified_gmt":"2024-01-09T17:02:34","slug":"343853","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Thank you for sharing these observations.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.&lt;br&gt;As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify that 60% of integration points of a shell element should reach failure condition so that the whole element is considered as failed and be removed (eroded) from the model.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-343853","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343853\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/","name":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-09T17:02:34+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Thank you for sharing these observations.I would suggest using the maximum value since it is safer from a design perspective.As a side note, I know that for some fracture models, you can specify the percentage of integration points that must reach failure criterion before the element is considered fully failed. For example, you can specify"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"343853","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:06:06","updated":"2026-09-15 16:59:20","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Discrepancy between LSPrepost and hand calculations -Shell element stress output","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343853\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343853","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343853\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=343853"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}