


{"id":343717,"date":"2024-01-08T22:13:04","date_gmt":"2024-01-08T22:13:04","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/"},"modified":"2024-01-08T22:13:04","modified_gmt":"2024-01-08T22:13:04","slug":"343717","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture above, you could make a construction path using the edge at the geomtry corner at T1. For T10, you would need to make an edge imprint on the geometry face before meshing. This is the only way the Mechanical GUI allows you to do this.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Any other method would need to be done with APDL commands. Sorry, but I don&#8217;t have the commands to do this. But you would need to supply it with a list of nodes for each path, in order of the direction of each path. Or the typical way we communicate Mechanical with APDL is to send named selections which you can retrieve wth CMSEL command. But in this case you would want to make an edge imprint on the face and place the edge into a named selection. And my previous method already required you to make an edge imprint, so you might as well use that method.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You could make a named selection of nodes. Your APDL script would need to figure out the order of the nodes to create a path.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-343717","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343717\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/","name":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-08T22:13:04+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I did understand what you wanted, and the method I suggested is the only way in Mechanical, other than making a bunch of two-point paths as you have done with node coordinates.If you make an edge imprint on a face before meshing, then it will have a mesh gridline along the edge. For your picture"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"343717","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:06:14","updated":"2026-09-02 19:47:00","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: How to create paths in a curve surface in a easy way","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343717\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343717","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343717\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=343717"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}