


{"id":343461,"date":"2024-01-05T22:47:10","date_gmt":"2024-01-05T22:47:10","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/"},"modified":"2024-01-06T00:44:59","modified_gmt":"2024-01-06T00:44:59","slug":"343461","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi Handon,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do a 3D simulation. Then I think you can find an average of the generation rate over the cross-section so that it can be used in a 2D CHARGE simulation, similar to the approach used in the <a href=\"https:\/\/optics.ansys.com\/hc\/en-us\/articles\/360042957893-Vertical-photodetector\">VPD example<\/a>.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But I think you most likely will have to do a 3D CHARGE simulation as well. Do you expect the metal grid (also in the dead region) to have an impact on the electrostatic behavior of the solar cell? In other words, if you capture the generation rate from the 3D FDTD simulation, will you be applying bias to the entire grid?&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The question with regard to reducing the resources, is it on FDTD or CHARGE or both?&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Regards,&lt;br&gt;Amrita&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-343461","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-05T22:47:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-06T00:44:59+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/343461\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-05T22:47:10+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-06T00:44:59+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/","name":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-05T22:47:10+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-06T00:44:59+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-05T22:47:10+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-06T00:44:59+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi Handon,I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your question. Let me know if I understand the situation correctly. You have these grids in each unit cell. I assume that there will be a shadow under the metals where no light will be incident. In FDTD, you will have to do"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"343461","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:06:30","updated":"2026-08-20 15:39:14","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: x-y metalgrid of solar cell in CHARGE","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/343461\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343461","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343461\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":343467,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/343461\/revisions\/343467"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=343461"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}