


{"id":306162,"date":"2023-09-11T15:34:27","date_gmt":"2023-09-11T15:34:27","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/"},"modified":"2023-09-11T15:34:27","modified_gmt":"2023-09-11T15:34:27","slug":"306162","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing.&nbsp; There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them.&nbsp; Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL.&nbsp; With these you&#8217;ll need to rethink the modeling steps.&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-306162","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you&#039;ll need to rethink the modeling steps.\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you&#039;ll need to rethink the modeling steps.\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you&#039;ll need to rethink the modeling steps.\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling & Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps.\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/306162\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling & Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps.","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/","name":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling & Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps.","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps.","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/","article:published_time":"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-09-11T15:34:27+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling &amp; Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps."},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"306162","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:45:57","updated":"2026-08-16 02:49:45","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: When I use MAPDL, I get an error","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/306162\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/306162","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/306162\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=306162"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}