


{"id":295477,"date":"2023-07-30T08:30:32","date_gmt":"2023-07-30T08:30:32","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/"},"modified":"2023-07-30T08:30:32","modified_gmt":"2023-07-30T08:30:32","slug":"295477","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like as the third party (Comsol multiphysics) since Lumerical is taking the structure as waveguide and the propagation is normal to the FDTD plane.But I am interested in propagation modes along the x-direction and wanted study the longitudinal modes in the x-y plane. I am not interested in the transverse plane.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Can you please clarify where is the excitation point defined exactly for my structure as per the FDE eigen mode solver ? Is it defined from the end of straight waveguide ? or Some where in the middle?&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-295477","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/295477\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/","name":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00","dateModified":"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/","article:published_time":"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-07-30T08:30:32+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I got it, it is beacuse of the FDTD and symmetric BCs are defiend only for the half of the structure, due to that the lower portion of the BCs is taken as same as the upper portion where the FDTD is defined.I think, it is not possible to see the similar modes as like"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"295477","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:56:34","updated":"2026-09-14 09:22:36","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Why FDE Eigen mode solver is giving different solution than Comsol FEM solver?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/295477\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/295477","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/295477\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=295477"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}