


{"id":276314,"date":"2023-03-24T11:19:38","date_gmt":"2023-03-24T11:19:38","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/"},"modified":"2023-03-24T11:19:38","modified_gmt":"2023-03-24T11:19:38","slug":"276314","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what&#8217;s stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-276314","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what&#039;s stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what&#039;s stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what&#039;s stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Why can\\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what's stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/276314\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what's stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/","name":"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what's stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00","dateModified":"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what's stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/","article:published_time":"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-03-24T11:19:38+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Boundary conditions are just that, the values at the boundries. The initial conditions are also exactly that, they are the cell values at that instant. If you set the whole domain at 0.4MPa what's stopping the region downstream of the valve trying to flow to 0.04MPa instantly?"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"276314","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:17:08","updated":"2026-08-03 21:45:25","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Why can\u2019t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Why can&#8217;t I continue after my hybrid initialization run?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/276314\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/276314","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/276314\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=276314"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}