


{"id":251355,"date":"2023-02-24T09:02:47","date_gmt":"2023-02-24T09:02:47","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/"},"modified":"2023-02-24T09:02:47","modified_gmt":"2023-02-24T09:02:47","slug":"251355","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don&#8217;t understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn&#8217;t crash and gives me plausible values.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My code is now (declarations as above):&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);&lt;br&gt;gthread = THREAD_SUB_THREAD(mixthread,0);&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;c = TP_CELL(tp);&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;urel = C_U(c,gthread);&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-251355","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don&#039;t understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn&#039;t crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don&#039;t understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn&#039;t crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don&#039;t understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn&#039;t crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don't understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn't crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251355\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don't understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn't crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/","name":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don't understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn't crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00","dateModified":"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don't understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn't crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread =","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/","article:published_time":"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-02-24T09:02:47+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"So I think I got it working now. Apparently TP_CELL_THREAD returns the mixture thread, not the particle thread. I don't understand why that is the case and in my opinion the UDF guide says otherwise (Table 3.29), but it doesn't crash and gives me plausible values.My code is now (declarations as above):mixthread = TP_CELL_THREAD(tp);gthread ="},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"251355","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:46:22","updated":"2026-08-13 14:54:55","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Fluid velocity in dpm_drag","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251355\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/251355","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/251355\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=251355"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}