


{"id":251093,"date":"2023-02-22T19:20:41","date_gmt":"2023-02-22T19:20:41","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/"},"modified":"2023-02-22T19:20:41","modified_gmt":"2023-02-22T19:20:41","slug":"251093","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Additional information.&nbsp; I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. <a href=\"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-workbench-23-and-22-licensing-problem\/\">Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem<\/a>).&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;div id=&#8221;logFile&#8221; style=&#8221;padding-left: 40px;&#8221;&gt;10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 &lt;br&gt;10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &#8220;cfd_solve_level2&#8221; user1@computer1 [14116] &lt;br&gt;10:16:05 (ansyslmd) OUT: &#8220;cfd_solve_level1&#8221; user1@computer1 [14116] &lt;br&gt;10:16:09 (ansyslmd) OUT: &#8220;cfd_base&#8221; user1@computer1 [14116]&lt;br&gt;10:17:12 (ansyslmd) IN: &#8220;cfd_base&#8221; user1@computer1 [14116] &lt;br&gt;10:17:13 (ansyslmd) IN: &#8220;cfd_solve_level1&#8221; user1@computer1 [14116] &lt;br&gt;10:17:13 (ansyslmd) IN: &#8220;cfd_solve_level2&#8243; user1@computer1 [14116]&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;However, on the same client, if I launch Workbench 2023 R1, I get the following client side error twice (server Interconnect and FlexNet logs do not post anything new, but I do see receive lines on the server firewall log for the lmgrd port and vendor daemon port):&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div style=&#8221;padding-left: 40px;&#8221;&gt;&lt;br&gt;Connection timed out while reading data.&nbsp; The application has stopped waiting for a reply.&nbsp; The license server may be experiencing a high demand or a temporary outage. Try again later.&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;Followed by client side error:&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div style=&#8221;padding-left: 40px;&#8221;&gt;License server lost for 5 minutes. Please save your work.&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div style=&#8221;padding-left: 40px;&#8221;&gt;License server will time out in 55 minutes if not reconnected before.&lt;br&gt;License path:&lt;br&gt;FLEXlm Servers: 1055@ANSYS.it.university.edu&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;br&gt;The server performance indicators (CPU\/RAM\/NETWORK) do not seem taxed at all. Again, only some clients are experiencing this issue.&nbsp; At the time of this test, only one other customer was connecting to the license manager.&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;On the client, using &#8216;Ansys License Settings 2023 R1&#8217;:&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<ol>\n<li>FlexNet Publisher&#8211;&gt;License Servers&#8211;&gt;test = green check mark (after a few seconds)<\/li>\n<li>FlexNet Publisher&#8211;&gt;Features in use = &#8220;lmgrd is not running&#8221; License server mahcine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 &#8220;WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)&#8221;)<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n<p>&lt;p&gt;On the server, using &#8216;Ansys License Manager Release 2023 R1&#8217;:&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n<ol>\n<li>&#8216;View Status\/Start\/Stop License Manager&#8217; = &lt;br&gt;The license manager is running&lt;br&gt;Licensing Interconnect: running&lt;br&gt;Licensing Interconnect Monitor: running&lt;br&gt;FlexNet Licensing: running<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n<p>&lt;p&gt;I could really use some help with this issue.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Best,&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;- Matt&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-251093","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &quot;cfd_solve_level2&quot; user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &quot;cfd_solve_level2&quot; user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &quot;cfd_solve_level2&quot; user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: License issue \\u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\\\/22\\\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: \\\"cfd_solve_level2\\\" user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/251093\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: \"cfd_solve_level2\" user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/","name":"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: \"cfd_solve_level2\" user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00","dateModified":"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &quot;cfd_solve_level2&quot; user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/","article:published_time":"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-02-22T19:20:41+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: License issue \u2013 certificates | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Additional information. I am seeing similarities to the issues others are reporting (i.e. Ansys Workbench 23 and 22 Licensing problem).On the client, if I launch Fluent 2023 R1 it works; client gets a license and the flex server logs update to reflect:10:12:06 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 2\/22\/2023 10:16:02 (ansyslmd) OUT: &quot;cfd_solve_level2&quot; user1@computer1 [14116] 10:16:05"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"251093","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:46:39","updated":"2026-08-22 02:40:44","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: License issue \u2013 certificates\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: License issue &#8211; certificates","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/251093\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/251093","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/251093\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=251093"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}