


{"id":235314,"date":"2022-09-15T11:01:12","date_gmt":"2022-09-15T11:01:12","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/"},"modified":"2022-09-15T11:01:12","modified_gmt":"2022-09-15T11:01:12","slug":"235314","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it will have occasion where the interface is only partial overlapping with the stationary mesh. For the surface without overlapping, the periodic repeat should copy the values of the interface to the non-overlapping face.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;It is avialable in the sliding mesh tutorial, however, there is no tutorial on how to prepare the geometry. If I follow the video to construct the geometry, you will end up with no interface boundary. So, you cannot activiate the periodic repeat function.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-235314","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/235314\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/","name":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00","dateModified":"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/","article:published_time":"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00","article:modified_time":"2022-09-15T11:01:12+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"There is nothing new in this video. I am following the same procedure to prepare a MRF simulation, and it works. So, there is no problem here.My question in on the sliding mesh simulation, and I need a periodic repeat function for the surface between the rotational and stationary. When the rotationg mesh rotates, it"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"235314","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 19:03:53","updated":"2026-09-14 14:20:56","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Periodic Repeat for Sliding Mesh LES","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/235314\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/235314","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/235314\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=235314"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}