


{"id":196002,"date":"2021-10-27T23:47:27","date_gmt":"2021-10-27T23:47:27","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/"},"modified":"2021-10-27T23:47:27","modified_gmt":"2021-10-27T23:47:27","slug":"196002","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are :<br \/>\n1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism<br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwit6S%2FUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJXaHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQyMTk1MzczLUxpbmVhci1nYWluLW1hdGVyaWFscwY7CFQ6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTBlNDhhNDRiLTUxYzgtNGRkYy05MmRhLWRjNGRmZTQ5NDk4MQY7CEY6CXJhbmtpBjoLbG9jYWxlSSIKZW4tdXMGOwhUOgpxdWVyeUkiEGxpbmVhciBnYWluBjsIVDoScmVzdWx0c19jb3VudGkC6AE%3D--bc0f59468212a7823cfc6440d1f636fa884bb692\" target=\"blank\">Linear gain materials<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwhCtyjUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJYaHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQxNzIzNzE0LVZDU0VMLXdpdGgtbGluZWFyLWdhaW4GOwhUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikwZTQ4YTQ0Yi01MWM4LTRkZGMtOTJkYS1kYzRkZmU0OTQ5ODEGOwhGOglyYW5raQc6C2xvY2FsZUkiCmVuLXVzBjsIVDoKcXVlcnlJIhBsaW5lYXIgZ2FpbgY7CFQ6EnJlc3VsdHNfY291bnRpAugB--4f5b80504acc4419c3649d3e8f1e5deb577d09a6\" target=\"blank\">VCSEL with linear gain<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwjx5i%2FUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJnaHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQyMTk0NjczLVBsYXNtb25pYy13YXZlZ3VpZGVzLXdpdGgtbGluZWFyLWdhaW4GOwhUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikwZTQ4YTQ0Yi01MWM4LTRkZGMtOTJkYS1kYzRkZmU0OTQ5ODEGOwhGOglyYW5raQg6C2xvY2FsZUkiCmVuLXVzBjsIVDoKcXVlcnlJIhBsaW5lYXIgZ2FpbgY7CFQ6EnJlc3VsdHNfY291bnRpAugB--1aab5dff8f0be689c2eafbfa6970df2ba7c54952\" target=\"blank\">Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwh6tijUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJqaHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQxNzIzNTE0LVBob3RvbmljLWNyeXN0YWwtY2F2aXR5LXdpdGgtbGluZWFyLWdhaW4GOwhUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikwZTQ4YTQ0Yi01MWM4LTRkZGMtOTJkYS1kYzRkZmU0OTQ5ODEGOwhGOglyYW5raQk6C2xvY2FsZUkiCmVuLXVzBjsIVDoKcXVlcnlJIhBsaW5lYXIgZ2FpbgY7CFQ6EnJlc3VsdHNfY291bnRpAugB--babca1379e1af9103da2abb0a6e7d825d9e93dac\" target=\"blank\">Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain<\/a><br \/>\n2: laser gain from energy levels.<br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwj2sijUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJjaHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQxNzIyNjE0LTQtbGV2ZWwtMi1lbGVjdHJvbi1tYXRlcmlhbC1tb2RlbAY7CFQ6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTI0M2VkZDJjLTIwOTctNDUyMC04YTFiLWRiNjY4NmZhMTI3MAY7CEY6CXJhbmtpBzoLbG9jYWxlSSIKZW4tdXMGOwhUOgpxdWVyeUkiCmdhaW4gBjsIVDoScmVzdWx0c19jb3VudGkCAwE%3D--ea076fed26aa985ea36d328dcac039d82499df3a\" target=\"blank\">4-level 2-electron material model<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwg54C%2FUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJ5aHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQyMTkyOTUzLVB1bXAtcHJvYmUtc2ltdWxhdGlvbi11c2luZy00LWxldmVsLTItZWxlY3Ryb24tbWF0ZXJpYWwGOwhUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIikwZTQ4YTQ0Yi01MWM4LTRkZGMtOTJkYS1kYzRkZmU0OTQ5ODEGOwhGOglyYW5raQw6C2xvY2FsZUkiCmVuLXVzBjsIVDoKcXVlcnlJIhBsaW5lYXIgZ2FpbgY7CFQ6EnJlc3VsdHNfY291bnRpAugB--5c8ac653e7872f52c57f814b09eca98befb75d37\" target=\"blank\">Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/search\/click?data=BAh7DjoHaWRsKwiJ1i%2FUUwA6D2FjY291bnRfaWRpA02AjDoJdHlwZUkiDGFydGljbGUGOgZFVDoIdXJsSSJ1aHR0cHM6Ly9zdXBwb3J0Lmx1bWVyaWNhbC5jb20vaGMvZW4tdXMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvMzYwMDQyMTkwNDczLVF1YW50dW0tZG90LWxhc2VyLXVzaW5nLTQtbGV2ZWwtMi1lbGVjdHJvbi1tYXRlcmlhbAY7CFQ6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTUzNTQyMWZjLTI2OTEtNDNmYi1hNWY2LTM4YjE0YjBjNTg4OAY7CEY6CXJhbmtpCjoLbG9jYWxlSSIKZW4tdXMGOwhUOgpxdWVyeUkiEGxpbmVhciBnYWluBjsIVDoScmVzdWx0c19jb3VudGkC6AE%3D--c2e2c8e04c7ba1bc7e34549f68c66cfa7ba6e68b\" target=\"blank\">Quantum dot laser using 4-level 2-electron material<\/a><br \/>\nPlease refer some example which match your needs.<\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-196002","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\\\/CdZnS core\\\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\\\/CdZnS core\\\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\\\/CdZnS core\\\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/196002\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/","name":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00","dateModified":"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/","article:published_time":"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00","article:modified_time":"2021-10-27T23:47:27+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"There are two types of gain in Lumerical. Some examples are : 1: linear gain, eg, without saturation mechanism Linear gain materials VCSEL with linear gain Plasmonic waveguides with linear gain Photonic crystal cavity with linear gain 2: laser gain from energy levels. 4-level 2-electron material model Pump probe simulation using 4-level 2-electron material Quantum"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"196002","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-25 03:10:44","updated":"2026-08-11 21:01:40","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: How can I define CdSe\/CdZnS core\/shell (nanoplatelet) material as a gain medium for laser cavity?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/196002\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/196002","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/196002\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=196002"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}