


{"id":186718,"date":"2021-07-26T14:24:48","date_gmt":"2021-07-26T14:24:48","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/"},"modified":"2021-07-27T08:27:30","modified_gmt":"2021-07-27T08:27:30","slug":"186718","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>\nIf we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are.<\/p>\n<p>Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object .<\/p>\n<p>As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger than 0.009 m. These nodes are also added to a named selection and finally a result is scoped to these nodes only.<\/p>\n<p>model=ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model # refer to model<\/p>\n<p>reader = model.Analyses[0].GetResultsData() # get results data of first analysis in the tree<\/p>\n<p>DispResults = reader.GetResult(&#8216;U&#8217;) # obtain stress results<\/p>\n<p>DispResults.SelectComponents([&#8220;Z&#8221;]) # select direction<\/p>\n<p>nd=ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model.Mesh.Nodes<\/p>\n<p>stNdres=[]<\/p>\n<p>stNd=[]<\/p>\n<p>for i in range(1,nd):<\/p>\n<p>tempres=DispResults.GetNodeValues(i)<\/p>\n<p>if abs(tempres[0])>0.0090:<\/p>\n<p>stNdres.append(abs(tempres[0]))<\/p>\n<p>stNd.append(i)<\/p>\n<p>reader.Dispose<br \/>\n<br \/>\ntemp_sel=ExtAPI.SelectionManager.CreateSelectionInfo(SelectionTypeEnum.MeshNodes)<\/p>\n<p>nodeNs=ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model.AddNamedSelection<br \/>\ntemp_sel.Ids=stNd<br \/>\nnodeNs.Location=temp_sel<\/p>\n<p>totDef=ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model.Analyses[0].Solution.AddTotalDeformation<br \/>\ntotDef.ScopingMethod=GeometryDefineByType.Component<br \/>\ntotDef.Location=temp_sel<br \/>\ntotDef.EvaluateAllResults<br \/>\n<br \/>\nAll the best<\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-186718","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2021-07-26T14:24:48+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2021-07-27T08:27:30+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/186718\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2021-07-26T14:24:48+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2021-07-27T08:27:30+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/","name":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2021-07-26T14:24:48+00:00","dateModified":"2021-07-27T08:27:30+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/","article:published_time":"2021-07-26T14:24:48+00:00","article:modified_time":"2021-07-27T08:27:30+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"If we say have a displacement results and do export, we can filter in excel and se how many nodes there are. Otherwise of course this is scriptable either with mechanical act, or with apdl command object . As an example (for UZ displacement) the sample code below gets nodes that have absolute z-displacements larger"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"186718","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-24 05:09:47","updated":"2026-08-22 14:26:51","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: How can I count nodes above a threshold value?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/186718\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/186718","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/186718\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=186718"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}