Senior Python R&D Engineer
• Participates in the entire software development process including specification, planning, scheduling, development, research, and testing.
• Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience and software design.
• Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring.
• Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
• Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions.
• Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities.
• May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports.